Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A quote surrounded by a frame.

Well, thanks to Deanna, I created a pretty cute gift for my roommates birthday this weekend. She is actually going to be gone to a track meet and I will be at home, so I already delivered it to her. It turned out really cute! The quote reads:

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go.
Others stay for a while leaving footprints in our hearts
and we are forever changed."
I found some really cute ribbon (orange is her favorite color, so it had to be in it) and a really cute frame and a craft store and *gasp!* it was $17.oo. It was very tempting to get... so... when I went to check out !Suprise! the frame was 50% off! that made the entire gift under $9.00! That pretty much made my day.


So after changing the color of the picture and finding out that I was out of ink... I went to open my new ink cartridge!


(Another story...) Stupid me for not paying attention.... So I bought two new ink cartridges one black 98 and another color 95. My black runs out and when I open the new black and put it in my printer, turns out I got the correct color number and the wrong black number. Ahhh! So upsetting when you find that out considering how expensive ink is. So I called Deanna and Keith, complained to them (that's what I usually do when I get upset, call Deanna!) and she assures me that I can take it back to Staples opened and they will exchange it. So in this whole process, before I found out that you can take the opened one back, I up and bought a new single black. So finally I take all the cartridged back, get my money back for the single black and exchange the color and other black for the correct package of black/color and walah! I can finally print in color and black now! So exciting~ That would be my tramatic experience last week ;)


...so back to my other story of the gift... I got it done and it turned out great! Thanks Deanna!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That is such a cute idea! I think I might copy you (well I guess I'd be copying Deanna)! Cute cute!

Deanna said...

A. Dor. A. Ble!!! You have such a great sister!

You know, I have an awesome sister, too!!!

Turned out GREAT!!! I ♥ it!

Cathy Lloyd said...

FABULOUS GIFT! Can I be your roommate too? XOXO

Cari said...

Oh Stephanie (Deanna) -- what a great gift. It is LOVELY. I'm sure your roommate loved it. You are a sweetheart!! Hugs!!

Thank You All!

Dear Everyone,
Thank you for being wonderful!
<3
Stephanie

"Life is to be Enjoyed, not just Endured."